MEE 11th Floor- Adult Inpatient Specialty Surgery Unit
Mass Eye and Ear 11th Floor is a 32-bed Adult Inpatient Specialty Surgery unit that specializes in providing comprehensive care to patients with conditions of the eyes, ears, nose, and throat.
· Patients on the unit come from all over the world to receive the most advanced, and specialized treatments available.
· The unit also has an integrated Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) that provides a higher level of care to our surgical patients that require more intensive monitoring and interventions.
· The RN functions as a key member of the multidisciplinary care team and uses critical thinking to prioritize and manage the care of a complex patient assignment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills drive our goal of providing high quality patient centered care to our patients and their loved ones.
The Registered Professional Nurse maintains the standards of professional nursing practice and demonstrates competence for patient care through the utilization of the nursing process. The process includes continuous assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient care and patient education. The Registered Nurse directs and guides ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of nursing practice.
· Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred.
· Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in Massachusetts.
· A minimum of 2 years of medical/surgical Nursing experience is preferred.
· Related experience required for advanced clinical and specialty areas (IMCU).
· Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
Membership in a professional nursing organization desired. EEO Statement Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
MEI Mass Eye and Ear Main Building Boston
243 Charles Street