INVITES YOU TO JOIN OUR FAMILY!!!!
Conway Medical Center is a 210-bed acute care community hospital system located in the beautiful coastal Myrtle Beach, South Carolina region where we enjoy the sand and the sun all year. The quality of living for every stage of life is uncomplicated and welcoming from the beach to the farm. CMC welcomes staff from all over the world; some grew up vacationing in the Myrtle Beach area and others are first time residents discovering the low country style of living. And to ensure you have the opportunity for work/life balance, we institute innovative staff scheduling to maximize work/life balance. CMC offers very competitive wages with experience credit, and a comprehensive employee benefit plan.
Your future is bright at Conway Medical Center! Come join our CMC family, where we shine together, delivering quality healthcare to our growing community.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide care of the patients in the Telemetry Department and will be responsible for performing procedures such as but not limited; start or check IV’s, administer medications, monitor vital signs, suction patients and help patients with their personal needs. The RN will plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures. The RN will use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and response to care, delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers, and assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit as assigned. The RN performs functions as noted above and generally with an assigned patient load, but RN is ready and willing to assist co-workers with ANY nursing support function and across any case load including other units that may not be the normal primary work assignment.
- Associates’ degree (ASN) in Nursing required.
- Bachelors’ degree (BSN) in Nursing preferred.
- Two (2) years acute care experience preferred.
- One (1) year Critical Care experience preferred.
- Current South Carolina (or compact state) licensure as RN (SCLLR) in good standing required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification must be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with co-workers, nursing colleagues, physicians, and department heads required.
- Exemplary core customer service skills strongly required.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice required.
- Strong organizational/time management skills required.
- Strong PC skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in emergency situations required.