Trauma / Ortho Unit
LPN – 3x12 hour shifts (7pm - 7am), Nights
We are offering a $7,500 Sign-On Incentive paid in 2 installments!
(Eligible for external candidates)
Are you an LPN who is looking to expand your practice in an inpatient setting? If so, we have good news: Dartmouth-Hitchcock is actively hiring LPNs into inpatient units! This gives you an opportunity to practice nursing at the top of your license.
The Ortho Trauma unit is a 36-bed post-surgical unit that specializes in orthopedics, traumatic injury and plastic surgery. We also have two negative pressure rooms that can accommodate patients who are being ruled out for TB and who have a diagnosis of active tuberculosis or shingles. We also will see medicine overflow for patients with Cystic Fibrosis, so our population can be varied. Responsibilities
- Provides and documents nursing care assessments, nursing interventions and patient/family education to stable patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse in accordance with the patient’s plan of care. Alerts Registered Nurse to any observed change in patient presentation or unexpected assessment findings.
- Reviews assigned patient plan of care and pertinent active orders in the patient medical record prior to providing care. Assists assigned patients with activities of daily living, nutrition and hydration according to orders and goals of care.
- Performs and documents focused nursing assessments of assigned patients, including but not limited to vital signs, assessment of pain, skin and wound assessment, functional status assessment, assessment of drains and ostomies, assessment of fluid balance, assessment of nutritional status.
- Administers oral, topical and inhaled medications. May administer intravenous medications to upon successful completion of NH Board of Nursing approved training and with specific delegation by a Registered Nurse.
- Applies dressings and assistive devices as indicated by assessment or as ordered by the interdisciplinary team, if applicable.
- Reports relevant assessment findings and suggestions to enhance patient care directly to members of the interdisciplinary team in addition to the supervising Registered Nurse.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and area-specific expectations related to maintaining a safe environment of care. Initiates reporting or action when needed to address safety concerns.
- Complies with policies, procedures and area-specific expectations related to medication safety; patient identification; specimen collection and specimen labeling activities; documentation of patient information and patient care activities; as well as dependability, attendance and scheduling.
- Participates in staff meetings, required learning, attestation, competency, and training activities according to area-specific and organizational expectations. Independently monitors email and other communications as necessary to meet these expectations.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of NH required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification required.
Don't meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Area of Interest: Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.90 - 36 hrs/per week;
- Shift: Night;
- Job ID: 19966;