• As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody SJRMC's values. These values are our culture, our identity as an organization: Sacred Trust, Personal Reverence, Thoughtful Anticipation, Team Accountability and Creative Vitality ask more of us than merely completing some list of tasks. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
• Current licensure by the State Board of Nursing of New Mexico or compact (multi-state) license
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
• Must meet the requirements for obtaining and maintaining life support certifications as outlined in the Life Support Certification policy
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides individualized patient care and maintains clinical competency appropriate for the area of practice
• Understands and follows policy and procedure in addition to meeting licensure requirements
• Responsive to current safety and quality initiatives and sustains improvement
• Builds productive interpersonal relationships in every encounter
• Demonstrates teamwork
• Actively participates in the department
• Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC’s Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Environmental Work Conditions:
• Must be able to see with corrective eyewear and hear clearly with assistance
• Must be able to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist frequently
• Must be able to lift greater than 50 pounds and push 0-300 pounds frequently
• Potential exposure to blood and bodily fluids and meets OSHA training requirements
• Sets limits when dealing with angry, hostile, or sometimes verbally or physically abusive patients and families in an attempt to ensure a safe, respectful environment that will support the delivery of care
• Effectively copes and strives for balance when caring for acutely ill patients and families
San Juan Regional Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.