Hours of Work :7a-7p
Days Of Week :72 hours per pay period
Work Shift :12X3 Day (United States of America)
Job Description :
The Clinical Team Leader performs direct patient care as the charge nurse and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment on our dedicated Oncology Unit.
Your Job Requirements:
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing: BSN required
• Completion of charge nurse training and competencies (if external hire, must complete within 90 days of hire).
• Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
• Clinical Course Certifications (Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardio Life Support,.) consistent with RN requirements for specific clinical area.
• Oncology Certified Nurse Certification or agreement to obtain within 1 1/2 years.
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Provides front line leadership and decision-making for departmental staff, ensuring the quality and integrity of care delivered.
• Develops plan for unit staffing based on patient acuity/care needs and oversees day to day operations on the designated shift.
• Monitors workflow and adjusts staffing accordingly to support fiscal goals of the unit.
• Coordinates and facilitates efficient patient flow for the unit. Ensures timely and efficient pull of patients being admitted to the unit as well as timeliness of discharging patients from the unit.
• Assists the manager in achieving and sustaining department and organizational objectives including but not limited to patient experience, length of stay, and unit/patient specific quality measures.
• Participates in department specific initiatives and process improvement projects.
• Participates in peer interviews and provide feedback for employee evaluations as requested by manager.
• Assists with occurrence investigations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 314-bed, full-service, acute care teaching hospital that serves Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. In addition to the new 40,000-square-foot expansion of the emergency department, we offer a newly renovated intensive care unit, labor and delivery unit, and interventional radiology suite; a Level III Trauma Center, a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and the Dr. Stephen and Marilyn Mansfield Oncology Unit. We have been recognized for excellence in cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement; women and children’s services; and more. We strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve and welcomes the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the distinctions we’ve earned: