Hours of Work :Full-time, night shift
Days Of Week :Rotating Schedule
Work Shift :12X3 Night (United States of America)
Job Description :
The Clinical Team Leader performs direct patient care as the charge nurse and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
Your Job Requirements:
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing: BSN required
• Completion of charge nurse training and competencies (if external hire, must complete within 90 days of hire).
• Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
• Clinical Course Certifications (Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardio Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, NRP, etc.) consistent with RN requirements for specific clinical area.
• Advanced Specialty Certification or agreement to obtain within 2 years (CCRN, CEN, RNC, etc.)
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Provides front line leadership and decision-making for departmental staff, ensuring the quality and integrity of care delivered.
• Develops plan for unit staffing based on patient acuity/care needs and oversees day to day operations on the designated shift.
• Monitors workflow and adjusts staffing accordingly to support fiscal goals of the unit.
• Coordinates and facilitates efficient patient flow for the unit. Ensures timely and efficient pull of patients being admitted to the unit as well as timeliness of discharging patients from the unit.
• Assists the manager in achieving and sustaining department and organizational objectives including but not limited to patient experience, length of stay, and unit/patient specific quality measures.
• Participates in department specific initiatives and process improvement projects.
• Participates in peer interviews and provide feedback for employee evaluations as requested by manager.
• Assists with occurrence investigations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three adult Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist