Job Summary:JOB SUMMARY
• Use a systematic process to enhance the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices.
• Establishes collegial partnerships contributing to the professional development of peers, students, colleagues and others.
• Integrates evidence-based practices into educational initiatives and activities.
• Maintains current knowledge and competency in nursing and professional development practice.
• Evaluates his/her own practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines.
• The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
• Planning (Novice): Demonstrates ability to realistically anticipate resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Appropriately matches equipment and capital resources to task demands. Achieves results within budget. Competently handles multiple assignments simultaneously. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, if needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units. Accepts changes to assignments with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Uses available time efficiently. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
• Educational Assessment (Novice): Demonstrates ability to assess education and professional development needs in practical applications. Utilizes performance improvement data, course evaluations, and needs assessments to determine educational goals and priorities. Analyzes data and forecasts trends affecting educational needs. Differentiates educational needs from system issues. Communicates feedback related to staff performance and development/progress to appropriate department leadership.
• Team Education (Novice): Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to independently deliver healthcare team education services. Promotes critical thinking and problem solving. Able to train and educate by example, technical instruction, and leadership.
• Nurse Education Training & Development (Novice): Demonstrates ability to develop, deliver, and lead a program in its entirety. Gives clear, concise instructions. Demonstrates the ability to deal with adversity and disruption.
• Evaluation (Novice): Evaluates programs and educational initiatives in terms of impact on learner, patient, and organization. Monitors validity and reliability of evaluation tools. Uses program evaluations and other metrics to guide the restructuring and planning for future programs and learning opportunities. Follows up with executive and administrative leaders to determine if business and/or operational goals are met.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
As a Vanderbilt University Medical Center employee, you make a difference to our patients and their families by bringing compassion and care to those in need of hope and healing. Please see our current employee benefits offered:
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
Core Accountabilities:Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution. Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas. Team Interaction: Acts as a "go-to" resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
Core Capabilities :Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Certifications:LIC-Registered Nurse - Licensure-Others
Work Experience:Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level:3 years
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.