Sign On Bonus Offer: New Grads--$5,000
Our 540 Bed Level 1 Trauma acute care hospital offers a wide range of services and is part of an organization with 6 acute care facilities, over 10,000 team members and 400 volunteers. Join our team of highly regarded staff and receive an attractive salary and benefits package, including increased pay rates, exceptional education programs and opportunities for professional growth.
Our Orthopedic Trauma unit has 28 beds with Central Tele monitoring capability. This team cares for patients with various Medical Surgical conditions and disease processes while specializing in Ortho Trauma. Injuries range from traumatic falls resulting in fracture, motorcycle/vehicle collisions, gunshot wounds, traumatic amputations, work-related injuries, crush injuries, pathological fractures and more. The nurses on this team often work with a multitude of medical devices including but not limited to chest tubes, NG tubes, skeletal/buck’s traction, external fixators, and trachs to name a few. The leadership for this team includes the Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and ADT nurse, who all began as a staff nurses within SRHS. The Nurse Manager has an awesome clinical background to include clinical education and has worked as the leader of this team since it was newly developed in 2020. Not only is she a fabulous and encouraging leader, but also a great teacher with a wealth of clinical knowledge. This team loves new grads and is very supportive of team members utilizing 7 Tower Ortho Trauma to build a strong foundation and springboard into a specialty when the time is right (or to be like other nurses on our team and enjoy your career within Ortho Trauma’s awesome team). Our high acuity trauma cases enables this unit to grow SRHS Strong RNs while striving to provide excellent, safe patient care!
The New Graduate Registered Nurse demonstrates knowledge while providing professional nursing care through Transition to Practice, clinical assessment, outcome identification, planning, and implementation in accordance with SRHS policies and procedures. The New Graduate RN performs all job-related responsibilities in a safe manner while collaborating with healthcare team members.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Less than 1 year RN experience
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- ACLS, PALS/ENPC (depending on patient assignment)
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcomes
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift report
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of patients
- Assesses assigned patients’ medical history, admitting diagnosis and physician’s orders, obtaining nursing history, performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient’s progress or any change in the patient’s condition
- Other Duties as assigned
Spartanburg Regional offers a wide range of market competitive benefits and compensation. For our full-time associates, we provide the following (but not limited to) services and benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- Prescription Drug Plan and Employee Pharmacy
- Infertility and adoption benefits
- CarePlus Disease Management Program, Wellness, Rapid Weight Loss, Nicotine Cessation, Child Development, and Pampered Pregnancy Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Free On-Site Parking
- 401(k) Tax-Deferred Plans
- Paid-Time Off
- Discount and Purchase Programs
- Rewards & Recognition Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We invite you to apply if you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference! Our long tenured team are hardworking, supportive, compassionate with excellent clinical skills. We enjoy partnering with patients and their families to impact care.
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.