Sign-on Bonus Available!
Experienced RN: $10,000; New Grad: $7,500
The Registered Nurse (R.N.) provides nursing care to patients in compliance with the SC Nurse Practice Act and organization protocols, policies, procedures and guidelines. The R.N. demonstrates clinical competency utilizing evidence-based practices and research in all areas of the nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and outcomes. The R.N. demonstrates thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy, clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and serves as a resource for support associates. The R.N. will collaborate with leadership in developing and implementing the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s culture, Mission, Vision, and values. Associates are encouraged to support Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s involvement in the community we serve.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina or compact state
Core Job Responsibilities
- Basic computer skills
- Adheres to system wide standards of behavior
- Adheres to proper chain of command
- Meets continuing education requirements, demonstrates knowledge of and ensures compliance with all clinical expectations of regulatory agency requirements (DNV, DHEC, CMS)
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians and hospital associates
- Knowledgeable in use of and response to Facility Alert, Medical Alert, Medical Emergency Systems
- Develops, implements, evaluates and revises plan of care based on physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and educational needs of the patient/family
- Provides a safe patient care environment
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures
- Provides clinical guidance to students
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of patients
- Assesses assigned patients’ medical history, admitting diagnosis and physician’s orders, obtaining nursing history, performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient’s progress or any change in the patient’s condition
- Remains committed to unit, department and division goals
- Other Duties as assigned
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.