Under the supervision and direction of a registered nurse, the Home Health/Hospice Aide performs various duties assisting hospice and home health patients with personal care and support in their homes. The CNA performs safe patient care following established procedures.
- Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Home health/Hospice experienced preferred; at least one year of CNA experience required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients assigned
- Must be able to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures.
- Must be able to independently drive to and from patient homes.
Some benefits of working at Augusta Health include:
- Insurance package including health, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings helping you to plan for your future
- Generous paid time off to promote work life balance
- Free onsite parking
- 24/7 armed security to ensure your safety
- Shift and weekend differentials
- Flexible scheduling
- Clinical ladder career path program
- Shared governance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite child care
- Augusta Health Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Individualized orientation with dedicated preceptor
- Onsite credit union
- Employee discounts including the cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and movie tickets
Augusta Health recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran or military discharge status, and family medical or genetic information.