Experience: One year of experience as a Certified Surgical First Assistant
CSFA through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
CSA through the National Surgical Assistant Association
License Desired: Current Licensed Surgical Assistant
1. General Surgical Assistant Skills:
2. Demonstrate the ability to communicate the surgeon’s preference and specific patient’s needs to surgical team including but not limited to suture needs, specialty supplies and instrumentation, and equipment.
3. Demonstrate the ability to apply advanced knowledge of normal and pathological surgical anatomy and physiology.
4. Demonstrates Aseptic Skills:
and/or treat potential contamination.
5. Acquires continuing education annually to maintain current competence and credential regarding specific skills and techniques including aseptic technique. Bases decisions on research-based evidence.
6. Participates in the education of allied health personnel including SA and ST students.
7. Preoperative Role:
8. Specifics regarding surgical skin prep:
9. Specifics regarding draping:
10. Intraoperative Care:
11. Postoperative Care
Augusta Health recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran or military discharge status, and family medical or genetic information.