Stevensville, MI 49127, USA
INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.
LTC Nursing Administration - Director Nursing Pine Ridge
Day (United States of America)
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
The LPN may work under the direction of a charge nurse or may be a charge nurse. Provides a broad variety of direct and indirect care. This may include delegated components of the assessment and discharge procedures, aide supervision, basic patient education, unit specific treatments and diagnostic modalities, activities of daily living, and dietary assistance.
When functioning in the capacity of a charge nurse is responsible for the smooth functioning and supervision of the entire unit.
• Demonstrate knowledge and performance of clinical competency which may include activities such as data collection for M.D.S. assessment, discharge teaching, noting orders, tube feedings, trach care suctioning, I.V. therapy, medication administration, supervision of C,N.A.’s, documentation based on accurate and careful assessment, and provides basic care needs for all residents. Respect the residents’ right to determination and choice.
• Maintain a commitment to the achievement of quality health care services by participation in mandatory annual in-services, certification, committees, and educational programs for improvement of self to maintain competency.
• Participate in economical utilization of supplies, utilities, and equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned and needed. These duties may vary depending upon the unit, patient type and need, number and complexity of treatments provided, etc. Additional responsibilities may also include transcription of physician orders, non-clinical duties consistent with meeting the needs of the patient and care team, and assisting in the orientation of new employees.
• Establish and maintains open and positive communication.
• Assist in patient/family teaching.
• Assist in the assessment and determination of resident centered, individualized nursing needs utilizing the nursing process.
• Demonstrate skills necessary to complete patient care assignments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization’s published values.
*LPN License - State of Michigan, BCLS Certification - AHA
Additional Job Details
Continuously: Standing, Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs., Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Bending, Squatting
Occasionally: Sitting, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle
• Skills: Computer skills, including data entry and typing must be adequate to effectively utilize Electronic Health Records. Filing and organization skills required.
Must be able to organize and prioritize work. Must be able to recognize changes in patient condition in order to report to a charge nurse, ADON or Physician. Must be able to demonstrate customer focused interpersonal skills in order to interact in an effective manner with patients and families. Must be able to collaborate with unit teams and various levels of facility personnel as part of a team.
Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.